07 October 2014

I have important news... and other (hopefully useful) phrases I am learning in Arabic

I have set up my iPhone and newly acquired iPad to type in Arabic, but I haven't figured out how to use that gorgeous script on my actual computer yet, so I won't be able to share all of my exciting phrases with you this time. But I have a new goal of updating my blog at least once a week, so you will see some phrases soon.

I'm certain that all 5 of my loyal subscribers will be extremely excited about this new intention.

In case you are not connected with me through social media or I haven't seen you in person (and yet for some reason you are reading this blog, hm?)  I have received my very first assignment as a Foreign Service Officer!

I will be going to Beirut, Lebanon as the Cultural Affairs Officer!

This means that I am currently in full-time language training and I will be until mid-April 2015.

For those of you in the DC area: I am still around and up for brunching!

For those of you not in DC: I probably won't be able to see you for another year at least.

Full-time language training is amazing and fun and brutal and discouraging all at the same time. I had a bit of a meltdown today - a combination of too little sleep and too much going on.

But a tasty empanada from my new favorite cafe Boccato and a bit of a venting session with some of my favorite new colleagues helped bring my mood back up.

Plus, the chance to use my new iPad to review my vocabulary makes me feel justified in my birthday present for myself as an investment in learning (despite a certain looming credit card bill).

P.S. check out the engraving.





No comments: