01 November 2016

A month of blogging

Hello friends and loyal readers!

After a very long hiatus from writing on this blog, I’ve decided to write every day in the month of November!

I had originally thought about participating in NaNoWriMo, but I wasn’t able to come up with any great fictional stories that I wanted to tell this year. So instead, I’ll be writing non-fiction. I’m going for a minimum 200 word count but won’t be too stringent if time gets away from me. The idea is to create something every day, stretch my writing muscles, and reconnect with family and friends.

As many of you know, I’ve left the Foreign Service and I am back in Washington, DC. I’ve got a job offer, but I’m still waiting for a start date, so I’m keeping that under wraps a bit for the moment. And in the meantime, I am unemployed and enjoying having time to nest and cook and reconnect with my wonderful partner.

I’m hoping to use this opportunity to write about the travel I did in Lebanon and answer people’s questions about being in the Foreign Service and choosing to leave it. If you have a question you would like to see a post about - please do leave a comment! I am always in need of a writing prompt.

Today’s blog is brought to you with the help of a delicious cup of Bengal Spice tea and pumpkin spice whoopie pie from the local Dutch Country market.

P.S. Happy Halloween and Welcome Winter!

No comments: