05 July 2008

Follow every rainbow, till you find your dream

29 June

Spoke to my parents today! Huzzah!

It was really nice just to have a normal chat with them and update them
on where I'm at and where I'm going. I'm really hoping to make it to
the internet sometime this week to do the same for all the rest of you.

Today I climbed to the top of the highest mountain in Togo.

Luckily, it's not particularly high, so it only took us 4 hours to get
to the hours. Four rather grueling hours, I might add, but still only
4. It was quite a monster of a hike. I left the house at 6am and didn't
get back until 3pm.

We are particularly lucky that our free day is Sunday because that
means that we were able to witness/hear the amazing church services
going on in each of the three tiny villages we passed through.
Somewhere in between the second and third village, while we were
climbing up nearly vertical steps, we turned a corner around the
mountain and suddenly were inundated with drumbeats and joyful singing.
We peered through the foliage in vain for a glimpse of the jubilant
celebration.

I'm exceedingly tired right now, so I'm heading to sleep. I may
eventually tell you more about our mountainous adventurous.

Media:

Music: April March – Mon Petit Ami
Book: Starhawk – The Earth Path

No comments: