03 December 2008

3 December 2008

3 December 2008

I just finished a VIH/SIDA workshop with the girls club at the lycee in Tsevie. I arrived a bit late, but we still had lots of time and a really good class. I was worried that there would be too many participants for me to give out condoms to each – but it was relatively small (22 girls). They were already pretty well-educated about VIH prevention, etc. so we went through the activities and questions very quickly.
That gave me lots of time for the condom demonstration and the follow-up questions. I felt really successful and even my French felt really clear. Huzzah!
It's L's birthday, so we had a good little celebration – just a few sodas at the little buvette and then L made a yummy dinner just in time for I to return from working in Lome. After hours of good conversation – exes, law school, good books, religion, etc. L introduced me to Samurai Jack (a Cartoon Network series). Specifically the Scotsman episodes. I'm not sure I can do justice to the fabulousness of them.
Highly recommended.

No comments: