17 March 2018

Review: Angels Fall

Angels Fall Angels Fall by Nora Roberts
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I really enjoy Nora Roberts' romance - the key element for me is not necessarily the romance, but rather the growth and success of the female main character. Although I read this book quickly, it's quite a page-turner!, it was hard to read.
*SPOILERS*



This book focuses on a woman who has been traumatized by a violent crime and then is psychologically tortured throughout the book. It was pretty horrible to read about what she went through - and with very little support except from a hunky love interest. Something I usually love about Roberts' books are the relationships between the female characters - there was very little here to work with. She has some support from coworkers and a grandmother she contacts by email (but we never hear from the grandmother herself). The other key woman in the book is a murdered sex worker who is drawn in a way that is disturbingly close to blaming the woman for her own murder. I'm so disappointed.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love her Three Sisters' Island trilogy. Definitely my favorite, and I read A LOT of her books in college and after!