21 July 2009

The Joys of Being Back

21 July 2009

The Joys of Being Back

The lovely humidity, that makes my skin so perfectly moisturized

seeing my awesome volunteer friends that I missed so much

sleeping in my own bed

having my kitten lounge on my chest, purring so deeply I can feel the vibrations in my sternum

having little kids’ faces light up when I was and smile at them (there’s something to be said for being so obviously different - a certain celebrity/monster status)

receiving happy shouts of greeting as I walk down the street

my landlord’s sister bringing me a plate of food just when I was contemplating gathering the energy to go searching for ingredients

the satisfaction of seeing my cat take on a spider as big as my hand – and winning!
the peace and quiet and solitude

having a new ipod where i can choose the track I listen to!

remembering French and Ewe and making myself understood

No comments: